Sage is here to help you get back to business as usual.
Our customers enjoy the most efficient claims handling in the industry. Claims are handled by licensed adjusters that settle a tenant’s claim in a timely and professional manner. All claims are filed directly with the carrier, by the tenants, meaning tenants don’t need a middle-man, and owners don’t have to get involved in the claims process. It’s a win for everyone. We’ve outlined below what involved parties should do, to ensure a claim is made and paid successfully and swiftly.
- Complete their portion of the incident report prior to giving to the tenant.
- Advise tenant to fill out incident report, submit it, & call the claims dept.
- Walk the tenant through the claims reporting process.
- Advise that a claims adjuster will contact the tenant for any additional information needed.
- Report break-ins to local police & obtain a copy of the police report.
- Take detailed photos of the scene.
- Notify the manager, obtain an incident report, & email completed form to the claims department.
- Keep the damaged lock and/or any damaged property.
- Protect property from further damage.
- Review the incident & police reports.
- Verify loss through incident report and site manager & tenant’s loss statements.
- Send an adjuster.
- In cases where 10 or more losses occur in a single incident.
- Settle the claim in a timely manner.
- Place boxes on palettes, skids or 2x4s
- Cover items with plastic sheeting or drop cloth
- keep an inventory & photos of stored items
- always keep storage unit locked (disc or cylinder lock preferred)
- store electronics in rear of the unit
- never store valuables such as money, jewelry or cameras